Saturday 13 October 2012

Soda Rock Diner (South Yarra, Vic)


Soda Rock Diner is an American style diner, complete with a lifesize statue of Elvis. Soda Rock serves your typical American fare, burgers, hot dogs, fries, sodas (you can check out the menu on their website). For drinks I went for a coke float (or spider as we call them here in Oz), my absolute, A-1 favourite drink of all time. My brother went for a blue heaven milkshake. Apparently blue heaven is unique to Australia, and after some research on our smart phones and a taste test, I can confidently say that blue heaven flavour is raspberry.


For my meal I went for the Hound dog which came with cheese, relish, mustard, onions and cheese (you can have the cheese toasted which I think I will try next time as the grated cheese fell off as I was trying to eat). I ended up pulling out some of the onion, a bit much for my taste, but otherwise a great hot dog. For my side I got chilli cheese fries, something I can never pass up when I see it on the menu. The chilli fries could have been the best I've had in Australia but unfortunately I was served hot rather than mild and the heat ruined the fun for me. I can't wait to get back and try the mild version.

Rating: American diner style done really well, 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment