Monday 18 June 2012

Citrus Skittles


As will become apparent as this blog progresses, I am a huge Skittles fan.  I have tried every flavour variation I could get my hands on, my lolly jar at work always contains skittles in an attempt to convert my workmates into fans, I have the lip balm, the whiteboard and the motorised fan (fellow skittle lovers will know what I'm talking about!).


Lemon, Mandarin,
Pink Grapefruit, Lime, Orange


I understand that citrus Skittles are no longer available in Australia, and I don't believe they were sold outside of Australia (feel free to correct me on this), but being the devotee I am I have a handy stash of citrus Skittles at home.


I love citrus flavours, I love Skittles, and as would be expected I love the combo of the two.  Lemon, lime and orange flavours are as you would expect from a packet of original skittles, but it is the pink grapefruit and mandarin that are the true standouts of this mix.  Both have the right mix of bitter and tart to truly evoke the flavours of the pink grapefruit and mandarin.

Rating:  Other confectionery manufacturers please note, pink grapefruit is the next big flavour! 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment