Friday 4 January 2013

McDonalds Pavlova McFlurry


Not my best photograph but I hope you get the idea.  For any non-Australians out there, a pavlova is a very popular Aussie dessert, basically a large cake shaped meringue (crunch on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside).  The pav is typically served topped with cream and fruit such as strawberries, kiwi fruit and passionfruit.

The Pavlova McFlurry is more of a softserve as the ingredients weren't mixed up like a typical McFlurry.  Instead, the softserve is topped with passionfruit syrup and mini meringue pieces.  I'm not really a dessert person, but I actually enjoyed this combination although I found the passionfruit a tad on the sweet side.

Rating: Here's hoping McDonalds does an Eton Mess McFlurry next, 7/10

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this one yet, but think I might give it a try! Is it actual passionfruit pulp, or just syrup? I wonder if they would switch it out for strawberry syrup...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely recommend it. It's just a syrup, no seeds, and I thought the passionfruit flavour was a bit on the mild side but I'm just nitpicking really because it was delicious. McDonalds is always pretty good about changing ingredients so I think I'll have to steal your idea and get one with strawberry syrup before it disappears.

    ReplyDelete